- 59.95$ Microsoft FrontPage 2003 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Maya 2011 (32-bit)
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6
- Buy OEM Autodesk Revit MEP 2011
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Download 4Videosoft Video Converter Platinum 3
- Buy Adobe InDesign CS4 Styles (en)
- Discount - Xilisoft Video To Audio Converter 5.1
- Buy MathWorks MatLab R2010b (en)
- Buy Alfred 2 MAC (en)
- Buy Futuremark 3DMark Vantage Professional (en)
|Cutting Congress' Pay|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Congressman Dave Loebsack|
|Friday, 15 February 2013 15:38|
At a time when our economy continues to struggle and we face an unsustainable debt, it is more important than ever to hold Washington accountable. Yet while far too many Iowa families are struggling like mine did when I was growing up, Members of Congress have not seen a pay cut since the Great Depression. This is simply unacceptable.
That is why I authored the Congressional Halt in Pay Increases (CHIP IN) and Cut Congressional Pay Act. This initiative would cut Members of Congress’ pay by 10 percent. It would also repeal the automatic pay increases that currently take place unless Congress votes to stop them. In these difficult times, it is unacceptable that Members of Congress can automatically receive a pay raise while Iowans continue to struggle and Washington is gridlocked.
I have long advocated for reforms to force Congress to get its work done and to hold Washington accountable. That is why I’m fighting to end the pay system that has prevented any cut in Congressional pay since 1933 – eight decades ago.
I will always fight for Iowans and will continue to work to create jobs, get the economy moving, and reduce the deficit. There is no better place to start than with Members of Congress’ own pocketbooks.
Tags See All Tags