- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD 2008 (32 bit)
- Buy Cheap CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (32-bit)
- Buy Nik Software Viveza 2 MAC (en)
- 9.95$ Adobe Photoshop CS6 Classroom in a Book cheap oem
- Download Autodesk Softimage 2014
- Buy Autodesk MotionBuilder 2012 (32-bit) (en)
- Buy Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit) (en)
- Download Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2013 USA
- Discount - Microsoft Office InfoPath 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Russian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Download iExpert Registry Clean Expert 4.58
|Cutting Congress' Pay|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Congressman Dave Loebsack|
|Friday, 15 February 2013 15:38|
At a time when our economy continues to struggle and we face an unsustainable debt, it is more important than ever to hold Washington accountable. Yet while far too many Iowa families are struggling like mine did when I was growing up, Members of Congress have not seen a pay cut since the Great Depression. This is simply unacceptable.
That is why I authored the Congressional Halt in Pay Increases (CHIP IN) and Cut Congressional Pay Act. This initiative would cut Members of Congress’ pay by 10 percent. It would also repeal the automatic pay increases that currently take place unless Congress votes to stop them. In these difficult times, it is unacceptable that Members of Congress can automatically receive a pay raise while Iowans continue to struggle and Washington is gridlocked.
I have long advocated for reforms to force Congress to get its work done and to hold Washington accountable. That is why I’m fighting to end the pay system that has prevented any cut in Congressional pay since 1933 – eight decades ago.
I will always fight for Iowans and will continue to work to create jobs, get the economy moving, and reduce the deficit. There is no better place to start than with Members of Congress’ own pocketbooks.
Tags See All Tags