- Download ActiveState Komodo IDE 5
- Buy ABest Video to AVI MPEG VCD DVD Converter (en)
- Buy Autodesk Softimage 2014 (en,ja)
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5.5
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2015 (32-bit)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe InDesign CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download PowerPoint 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- Discount - PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Discount - CodeGear RAD Studio 2007 Architect
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2011
|Governor Quinn Encourages Food Donations|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Nafia Khan|
|Tuesday, 22 November 2011 16:30|
Joins Volunteers at Greater Chicago Food Depository
CHICAGO – November 22, 2011. Governor Pat Quinn today joined volunteers with the Greater Chicago Food Depository to encourage support of food pantries across Illinois this holiday season. According to Feeding Illinois, the state’s eight food banks serve approximately 1.4 million individuals per year with 42 percent being children.
The holiday season is a time to be thankful for what we have and to give back to our less fortunate neighbors,” Governor Quinn said. “I encourage people as they shop for their holiday meals to include a few items to donate to the members of our communities who are in need.”
The Greater Chicago Food Depository is a nonprofit food distribution center that provides food to more than 142,000 people each week through a network of 650 soup kitchens, food pantries and shelters. For more information about current needs and other ways to assist in the Chicago area, visit www.chicagofoodbank.org.
Citizens throughout the state can help their local food banks by visiting www.FeedingIllinois.org where they can find information about hunger in their communities, including a county by county breakdown of agencies served by regional food banks.
Earlier this year, Governor Quinn appointed 22 people to the Illinois Commission to End Hunger which will explore how Illinois’ facilities may better coordinate and gain access to federal funding to meet those needs. It will indentify barriers to access and develop sustainable policies and programs to overcome those barriers. The commission will also promote and facilitate public-private partnerships to augment services.###
Tags See All Tags