- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Word 2013 Essential Training cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard
- 149.95$ MathWorks MatLab R2009b (32-bit) cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - HTML5 First Look cheap oem
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (32-bit)
- 29.95$ Intuit TurboTax 2009 Home & Business cheap oem
- Download Neobyte Titan Backup
- Buy Corel Designer Technical Suite X4 (en,de,fr)
- Buy The Hidden Power of Blend Modes in Adobe Photoshop (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Inventor LT 2012 (64-bit)
- Download Lynda.com - Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop
|House Passes Braley’s Andrew Connolly Bill Unanimously|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Alexandra Krasov|
|Tuesday, 24 May 2011 12:37|
Washington, DC – Today, the House of Representatives unanimously passed Congressman Bruce Braley’s bill, the Andrew Connolly Veterans’ Housing Act, as part of a larger legislative package. This bipartisan bill willextend a grant program to help injured and disabled veterans retrofit theirhomes after they return from combat. The bill now moves to the U.S. Senate.
“Today is a very important day for many young men and women who return from combat with severe life-altering injuries and find that the fight is far from over,” said Rep. Braley. “Veterans like Andrew Connolly return to a completely new life – with new, special needs. I’m very proud that today the House unanimously voted to ensure that these brave veterans have the support they need to adjust to their new lives, reach their full potential, and feel comfortable in their homes.”
The Andrew Connolly Veterans’ Housing Act is named after Andrew Connolly of Dubuque – a constituent of Rep. Braley’s who returned from Iraq with a tumor in his spine and is now restricted to a wheelchair. With Rep. Braley’s help, Connolly was able to get a grant that allowed him to move into a wheelchair-accessible home.
Earlier this month, Connolly testified on veterans’ housing grant programs in front of Rep. Braley’s Veterans’ Affairs Subcommittee on Economic Opportunity.
A video of Connolly’s testimony is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
A video of Rep. Braley’s commentary is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
Both files are available to be downloaded here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/
High-resolution photos from Connolly’s testimony are available here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/
# # #
Tags See All Tags