- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced
- Discount - Efreesky Magic Utilities 2008
- Discount - Sony DVD Architect Pro 5
- Download Adobe Dreamweaver CC MAC (Full Lifetime License)
- Download Microsoft Office Visio Standard 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Smith Micro PoserPro 2010 MAC (en)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Standard 2013 (64-bit) (en)
- Discount - Roxio Creator 2009 Ultimate
- Download Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2013
- Buy OEM Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Shape Layers
- Buy OEM Adobe SpeedGrade CC (Full LifeTime License)
|Updated Soybean Aphid Field Guide Available|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Joy Venhorst|
|Friday, 22 July 2011 22:09|
AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State University (ISU) Extension and the Iowa Soybean Association (ISA) have released a collaborative second edition of the Soybean Aphid Field Guide.
The guide’s authors are Erin Hodgson, ISU Extension entomologist, and Matt O’Neal, ISU research entomologist.
“Every year we learn more about the biology of soybean aphids and new ways to prevent this pest from causing yield loss,” O’Neal said. “These insights have been made possible through funding from the soybean checkoff program. We have incorporated these discoveries and tools into the revised edition of the guide in an effort to return this checkoff-funded research back to soybean farmers.”
The second edition of the Soybean Aphid Field Guide is expanded in every section. “We incorporated research from around the region and developed a more comprehensive management program,” Hodgson said. “We encourage growers to use multiple tools to protect soybean yield against the soybean aphid.”
One of the biggest additions to the toolbox of aphid management strategies is aphid-resistant soybeans. The guide includes a review of the research that led to aphid resistance becoming a common component of soybean genetics for many current and future commercial soybean varieties. “This resource is a must-have for all Iowa soybean producers. It is the most comprehensive reference guide available for sustainable management of Iowa’s most serious soybean insect pest,” said David Wright, ISA director of contract research.
Funding for printing and distribution of the guide was provided by the Iowa soybean checkoff and ISU Extension. Printed copies of the Soybean Aphid Field Guide can be ordered from the ISU Extension Online Store at www.extension.iastate.edu/store/ or by calling 515-294-5247; or obtained by contacting the Iowa Soybean Association at 800-383-1423. The guide can also be viewed online at www.iasoybeans.com/productionresearch/
To learn more about ISA, visit its website at www.iasoybeans.com.
Tags See All Tags