- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS6 Classroom in a Book (en)
- Buy Cheap Intuit Quicken 2008 Home & Business
- Buy OEM Ashampoo WinOptimizer 5
- Discount - TamoSoft CommView For WiFi 6 Full
- Buy OEM Autodesk Autocad Revit Structure Suite 2012
- Buy Cheap Creative Photoshop CS4: Digital Illustration and Art Techniques
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training
- Discount - Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 Ultra64
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6 cheap oem
- 9.95$ PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CC (Full Lifetime License)
- Buy Cheap GRAHL PDF Annotator 2
- Buy OEM MathWorks MatLab R2009b (32-bit)
- Discount - Red Giant Bullet Suite 11 MAC
|Winter Fun Day Planned|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Lisa Gerwulf|
|Friday, 03 February 2012 14:24|
On Saturday, February 11 from 9:00 A.M. - 6:30 P.M. the Wapsi River Environmental Education Center will be hosting a winter fun day. This is an event the whole family can enjoy, so plan to come out and discover winter at its best! A limited number of skis and snowshoes are available, so please call to reserve equipment; (563) 328-3286. BYOM ~ Bring your own mug.
9:30 A.M. ~ Cross-country Ski Clinic ~ Come learn the basics of cross-country skiing and tour the Wapsi Center trails; if conditions allow. Participants will learn about proper skiing techniques, safety and equipment. Participants may bring their own equipment.
12:30 P.M. ~ Snowshoe Nature Hike ~ Join Michael Granger on this excursion into the Wapsi River Center's woodlands. We will be traveling the way of the Native Americans and early pioneers, looking for signs of life in the still, winter woods.
2:00 P.M. ~ Winter Bird Feeding ~ Come learn how to identify winter birds; plus how to attract and feed our feathered friends. Fun for all ages!
3:00 P.M. ~ Fabulous Furs ~ Join a Wapsi naturalist to explore mammals that live in our area. Learn how they adapt and thrive during the cold winter months. Explore the history of fur trapping, trading and how the animals were used.
4:30 P.M. ~ 5th Annual Chili Cook-off ~ The Friends of the Wapsi Center, Inc. will be hosting this annual competition. Please bring your best chili creation to share, and possibly win the coveted chili cup!!! Donations are accepted, and please bring your own table setting.
5:30 P.M. ~ Frostbite Star Party ~ Winter is a great time for astronomy. The sky is never clearer than on cold, winter nights. The winter constellations center on Orion, the Great Hunter. In the sword hanging from Orion's Belt, one can find the Orion Nebula, which is one of the most spectacular objects to be seen through a telescope. The St. Ambrose University's Menke Astronomical Observatory is the location; park in lot A.The Wapsi River Environmental Education Center can be found 6 miles south of Wheatland or 1 mile northwest of Dixon, Iowa by taking County Road Y4E. Then turn north at 52nd Avenue and follow the signs for about 1 mile.
Tags See All Tags