- Discount - Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2009
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 MAC
- Buy Cheap Avid Media Composer 2.8
- Download Autodesk Stitcher Unlimited 2009 MAC
- Buy Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 2 (en)
- Buy Efreesky Magic Utilities 2008 (en)
- Buy Adobe Illustrator CS5 Classroom in a Book (en)
- 89.95$ Rosetta Stone - Learn Hindi (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC cheap oem
- Buy Apple Mac Box Set (en)
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Foundations of Programming: Fundamentals
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard Training MAC
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Japanese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
|“You Are Here” Art Exhibition|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Dawn Wohlford-Metallo|
|Monday, 15 August 2011 12:38|
WHERE: Quad City Arts Center Gallery, Rock Island
EXHIBITION DATES: September 9- October 14, 2011
RECEPTION: Friday, September 9th, 7-9 pm
From September 2nd through October 9th, 2011 Quad City Arts presents “You Are Here” pastel paintings by Rock Island artist Audrey Brownand photography by Randy Richmond of Muscatine, IA. The public is cordially invited to attend the opening reception on September 9th from 7-9 pm at Quad City Arts’ Rock Island Gallery. The reception is free and open to the public.
You Are Here depicts the rural landscape as seen by contrasting perspectives. One is more literal, yet thickly layered in color and atmosphere. The other is more literary and layered in ambiguity and atmospheric histories. Both communicate an appreciation of the mid-western landscape and the stories that sometimes go unnoticed and untold.
Pastel artist Audrey Brown creates timeless pastoral scenes that take the viewer on a daydream-like journey to the countryside where one can begin to relax simply by gazing at her paintings.
Photographer Randy Richmond will provide a three-dimensional aspect to the exhibit with photo based assemblages created around brass mounted, unique photographs. The small photographs’ historical feel are supported by the antique boxes that are used to “frame” them. These will be in addition to his landscape photographs.
Join us for the opening reception on September 9th from 7-9 pm, in the gallery. Refreshments will be served and artists will be on hand to answer questions about their work.
The Quad City Arts Center Gallery is located at 1715 Second Avenue in the Arts and Entertainment District of Rock Island. Gallery hours are Tuesday-Friday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Saturday 11 a.m.–5 p.m. All Quad City Arts programs are funded in part by Festival of Trees; Quad City Arts Partners; and operating grants from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency; and the Iowa Arts Council, a division of the Department of Cultural Affairs. Quad City Arts is a nonprofit local arts agency dedicated to the growth and vitality of the Quad City region through the presentation, development and celebration of the arts and humanities. For more information, contact Dawn Wohlford-Metallo 309-793-1213 X108.
Tags See All Tags