- Buy Cheap Microsoft Encarta Premium 2009
- Discount - Intuit TurboTax 2009 Deluxe
- 99.95$ Microsoft Expression Studio 3 cheap oem
- 29.95$ Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3 MAC cheap oem
- 9.95$ Word 2010 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Web Professional (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Download Adobe Audition CS6 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training
- Buy OEM Digital Photography Composition For Dummies
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (64-bit)
- Download Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9
- 149.95$ MakeMusic Finale 2012 MAC cheap oem
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Phil Roberts|
|Thursday, 24 March 2011 08:23|
Walcott, Iowa (March 22, 2011) -- Walcott is open for business! That’s the message from Walcott First, an organization formed last November by Walcott Mayor Jim Couper.
Couper said he proposed formation of the new group, a cross section of Walcott residents and business people, as a community development group, not as an economic development group. He said it will be independent and not tied to the city in any way.
Walcott has become a bedroom community, Couper said in explaining the need for Walcott First.
“We have a community where people live, and that’s all they do. We’ve got to be better than that,” he said.
He said his goal is bringing smaller businesses like restaurants and stores to Walcott as opposed to attracting large businesses and industry.
Couper will serve as chairman of Walcott First. He appointed Jason Holdorf administrator and director and Brent Arp assistant director.
Members of the organization have not yet determined how it will be organized from a legal standpoint. First they’re anxious to set some small goals and accomplish them.
Couper said that will provide momentum and “show the community that we are aggressively in place.”
Working with a city entity, the Walcott Vision Committee, to get an attractive Welcome to Walcott sign placed at Main Street and Old Highway 6 was one suggestion for an initial project. Building a skate park for youngsters was another.
Tags See All Tags