The River Cities’ Reader’s photo contest has returned, with four new categories for your submissions: “Urban,” “Rural,” “Uniquely Quad Cities,” and “Reflection.”
The deadline for entries is June 27, and the rules are below. We plan to publish the winners in the July 6 issue of the River Cities’ Reader.
1) Entries should be e-mailed to email@example.com with the subject heading “photo contest.” No physical prints will be accepted.
2) All photographs must be received by Tuesday, June 27, 2017.
3) Photographs must be saved in the JPG or TIF format at a resolution suitable for newspaper publication. Generally speaking, each entry should be at least 1,200 pixels on its shortest side.
4) All photographs must be previously unpublished.
5) Photographers are limited to four entries apiece. You may submit multiple images in a single category, but each photograph counts toward the four-entry limit.
6) All entries must include the name of the photographer, a daytime phone number for the photographer, and the category in which the photograph is being entered. Although not required, we welcome short statements (fewer than 100 words) that provide context for the image – for example, notes on the photographic subject or the shooting circumstances.