The River Cities' Reader's summer photo contest has returned, with four new categories for your submissions: "On the Waterfront," "School's Out," "Summer in the City," and "Hot Stuff!"
The deadline for entries is June 1, and the rules are below. We plan to publish the winners in June.
(The photo above, by Tom Pickering, was a winner from our 2014 contest.)
The Fine Print
1) Entries may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading "photo contest." Entries may also be submitted by Facebook private message to the River Cities' Reader. No physical prints will be accepted.
2) All photographs must be received by 5 p.m. Central Daylight Time on Monday, June 1, 2015.
3) Photographs must be saved in the JPG or TIF format. Photographs should be submitted in a resolution suitable for newspaper publication. An 8-by-10-inch image should be 150dpi or higher, while a 4-by-6 image should be 300dpi or higher; generally speaking, each entry should be at least 1,200 pixels on its shortest side.
4) All photographs must be previously unpublished.
5) Photographers are limited to three entries apiece. You may submit multiple images in a single category, but each photograph counts toward the three-entry limit.
6) All entries must include the name of the photographer, a daytime phone number for the photographer, and the category in which the photograph is being entered. Although not required, we welcome short statements (fewer than 100 words) that provide context for the image - for example, notes on the photographic subject or the shooting circumstances.