This year's Mississippi Valley Blues Festival - co-sponsored by the River Cities' Reader - will be held July 1 through 3 in downtown Davenport's LeClaire Park. The event features 27 acts spread over two stages, and the music begins at 5 p.m. on Friday and 2 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
In the links that follow, you'll find interviews with five of this year's performers.
- Eric Gales: Friday, July 1, 7 p.m., Bandshell
- Lionel Young Band: Saturday, July 2, 4 p.m., Bandshell
- Nellie "Tiger" Travis: Saturday, July 2, 7:30 p.m., Tent Stage
- The Paul Smoker Notet: Sunday, July 3, 5:30 p.m., Tent Stage
- Otis Clay: Sunday, July 3, 9:30 p.m., Tent Stage
In addition, the full festival schedule can be found on the back page of this week's River Cities' Reader or at MVBS.org/fest.
Advance tickets - $17 for a single day and $50 for the weekend - are available through June 30 at the Adler Theatre box office, Ticketmaster outlets, and local Hy-Vee stores. Admission at the gate is $20 per day. Children 14 and younger are admitted free with a paid adult.