MOLINE, ILLINOIS (January 5, 2020) — Join the Moline Public Library and The Moline Foundation for a series of three free virtual workshops in January 2021. Each workshop will last an hour with a half hour for questions afterward. They will be given by Ken Elshoff, who is a former GS-0201-12 Federal HR Specialist (Recruitment/Placement) with The Department of Veterans Affairs.
Sign up on the Moline Public Library’s website under Events at Molinelibrary.org or go to the link: https://molinelibrary.librarymarket.com/events/applying-and-interviewing-federal-jobs-3-part-series-1
January 13, 2021, 10AM: High-Probability Federal Résumés
Easy and powerful résumé strategies that will empower you to create your own federal résumé — a skill that will provide value throughout your entire federal career.
- Why your private-sector résumé will NEVER help you get a federal job interview;
- How the professional federal HR employees themselves get interviewed for nearly every job they apply for!;
- Eight quick and easy ways to get powerful keywords. Receive a specially-designed keyword tool that organizes all of the powerful keywords to immediately improve your résumé; and
- A legal way to apply for jobs that aren’t advertised.
January 20, 2021, 10AM: Successfully Navigating USAJOBS
Learn everything you need to know to prepare for federal job interviews. Explore how to prepare, what to do during interviews, and the steps you can take after the interview has concluded.
- What you can expect to happen during a federal job interview versus a private-sector interview;
- Everything you should bring with you to your federal job interview;
- The five main resources for gathering information about the organization where your interview is being held;
- The key questions you want answered prior to getting interviewed; and
- Seven advanced tactics that you need to deploy immediately.
January 27, 2021 at 10am Acing the Federal Interview
- Live, real-time walkthrough of a USAJOBs announcement;
- Explanations of the hard-to-understand language on federal job advertisements;
- Demystifying the confusing application process; and
- How to properly work through the famous “occupational questionnaire.”
About The Moline Foundation
The Moline Foundation, founded in 1953, is a community foundation which provides grants to health, human services, education, community development, the arts, and other charitable organizations which benefit the citizens of Moline and the surrounding area. The Moline Foundation receives and administers charitable gifts for all citizens in a seven-county region including Rock Island, Henry, Mercer, Warren, Henderson, and McDonough Counties in Illinois, and Scott County in Iowa.