MOLINE, ILLINOIS (August 21, 2020) — "Most non-profits are seeing an increase in demand for their services while facing uncertain funding projections. The ability to apply for operating expenses allows our community’s non-profit partners the needed flexibility to manage through these unprecedented times,” stated Paul Plagenz, President/CEO of The Moline Foundation.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to significantly impact the ability of non-profits to serve their constituents, The Moline Foundation will accept requests for essential operating-costs as well the traditional funding areas of program and capital.
SIMPLIFIED SUBMISSION PROCESS:
- Friday, September 25, 2020 submission deadline;
- Preferred delivery of applications: Electronically to email@example.com;
- Please provide one PDF file of the complete grant-submission packet;
- If needed, applications will be accepted via US Mail postmarked before or by Friday, September 25, 2020; and
- Grant packets will not be accepted in-person, due to shelter in-place requirements.
GRANT SUBMISSION PACKET CONTENTS:
- Two-page limit explaining your need and amount requested;
- Include organization’s contact information along with the name, address, and e-mail of primary person responsible for grant submission;
- Basic budget explanation corresponding to the requested amount;
- 501(c) (3) IRS Determination letter; and
- Board of Directors & Officers names and contact information.
SCOPE OF GRANTS:
- Grants are made to non-profit agencies in The Moline Foundation service area, which includes the Quad Cities region of Scott County, Iowa, and Rock Island, Mercer, Henry, Warren, Henderson, and McDonough counties, Illinois; and
- Grants are not generally available for those agencies and institutions primarily funded through tax support.
About The Moline Foundation
The Moline Foundation, founded in 1953, is a community foundation which provides grants to health, human services, education, community development, the arts and other charitable organizations. The Moline Foundation receives and administers charitable gifts for all citizens in a seven-county region including Rock Island, Henry, Mercer, Warren, Henderson and McDonough in Illinois and Scott County in Iowa.