Davenport pools are closing. Dohse is already closed, Fejervary closes after the Doggy Dip tonight and Annie Wittenmyer closes Sunday, August 20.
The Parks and Recreation's Back to School Bash is Saturday, August 18 at Fejervary Learning Center. Fejervary will open at Noon and will feature family activities, a petting zoo, bounce houses, nature crafts and more! There will also be community resources for students and families, vendors, prizes and school supplies. School supplies will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be handed-out per child. Children must be present.
In other news, Public Works has forwarded the following list of updates.
IDOT full depth patch work will begin on Elmore between Kimberly Road and E 35th St Court on Tuesday, August 22nd and restart on River Drive near S Concord on Monday, August 21st.
Elmore between Kimberly Road and E 35th St Ct. Initially the two east northbound lanes will be closed. Work will move to the center lane/turn lanes, and then the west southbound lanes as the project progresses.
Full depth patching in the area is expected to be complete on or by Friday, September 12th.
The contractor will maintain one northbound, one southbound and a turn lane throughout the project. Traffic delays should be expected. Motorists are advised to take an alternate route if they are able.
River Drive, west of S Concord. W River Drive between S Concord and Blackhawk Creek/Railroad overpass will be completed in the south eastbound lane and then move to the north eastbound lane. Full depth patching on this stretch should be complete on or by Monday, August 28th.
Work on the Brady St Sewer and Resurfacing Project is coming to a close. Be on the lookout for changing traffic control as work progresses on these items.
- Mobile sealing operations are planned for mid-week next week, which means there will be rolling traffic control. Two lanes will remain open at all times.
- Sanitary sewer lining is tentatively scheduled to be performed in the overnight hours between 3rd and 4th Streets the week of August 28th. Work will be performed in the middle lane for one night only.
With work substantially complete, there are a few remaining items yet to be scheduled before the project is officially complete. These items will require minimal lane reductions and all, once scheduled, should be complete in seven days or less.
- Water service repairs at 7th Street (not part of project scope, discovered during project completion).
- Warranty work on sidewalks at 5th St and other locations.
- Warranty work on asphalt near 14th St.