• First Consideration of two petitions on the Consent Agenda being considered from Jersey Farms Partners (Steve Schalk and associates) for rezoning of 47.70 and 30.36 acres north of 53rd Street and east of Jersey Ridge Road from agriculture to R2-low residential density and R1-low residential density, respectively.
• Five Public Hearings (scheduled for Monday, March 5 at 4:30pm, during Committee of the Whole) on the above four zoning issues, plus two petitions from THF for the establishment of two SSMIDs: one south of 53rd Street and west of Elmore, and another for north of 53rd Street and east of Elmore. The Southwest SMMID will help pay for THF's obligations to make infrastructure improvements to land they own, with some portions already developed (such as American Appliances) and the other to pay for infrastructure improvements, primarily road access, for a new Super Wal-Mart and Home Depot. A fifth public hearing for Cypress Point Developers (Niky and Tom Bowles) for rezoning of 10 acres from agriculture to C1 commercial zoning with the same restrictions that apply to the adjacent Spears C1-zoned property. This is Cypress Point Developers' second attempt to rezone their property.
• First Consideration of a petition on the Consent Agenda being considered from Glen Moeller to rezone 37 acres south of 67th Street and West of Utica Ridge Road from agriculture to R1-low residential density.
• First Consideration to designate the entire Annie Wittenmyer Complex as an historic district.
Finance Committee (Thursday, March 1, 3pm):
• Resolution approving John O'Donnell Stadium lease agreement with Seventh Inning Stretch, LLC.
• Resolution adopting the FY 2002 Operating Budget, FY 2002 Capital Improvement Budget, and FY 2002-FY 2007 Capital Improvement Program.
• Resolution authorizing city staff to negotiate the acquisition of five properties in the 200 block of West Second Street for the Figge Arts Center.
Public Works Committee (Thursday, March 1, 1pm):
• A public hearing on the annual state transit assistance grant.