In conjunction with Iowa Museum Week, June 11-17, the Muscatine Art Center is hosting a FREE Behind-the-Scenes Tour for those interested in visiting working areas normally off limits to the public. Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes at the Muscatine Art Center? Now you can learn where and how collection items are documented, stored, and preserved. Join us for an up close and personal tour of the treasures from the Art Center's permanent collection, guided by MAC staff. Join a tour group for a truly unique experience as you learn about how the museum operates from the inside out and have your individual questions answered by the staff. This event will take place on Thursday, June 14, from 5:30 PM to 6:45 PM.
- Rarely seen cool stuff from the permanent collection.
- Collection storage areas including the textile and print rooms and "hidden" storage areas in the Musser Museum.
- The original Musser Carriage House and Musser Museum basement.
- Explanation of how museums keep track of collections.
- Tours are limited to a maximum of 12 people.
- Tours are for adults and children over 12 years of age (12-16 year olds need to be accompanied by an adult).
- Tour duration is approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- As a courtesy to other participants, please be on time.
- Accessibility is somewhat limited, as they cover areas not generally open to the public. Please notify us at the time of booking of any special requirements and we will let you know if this tour is a good match for you.
- For security reasons, you may not take mobile phones, cameras, other electrical equipment, bags, food or drinks on the tour. All personal items must be checked before the tour departs.
Call NOW to reserve a place in the Muscatine Art Center's Behind-the-Scenes experience!
What: Muscatine Art Center's Behind-the-Scenes Tour
Who: Hosted by Muscatine Art Center staff
When: Thursday, June 14, 2012
Time: 5:30-6:45 PM
Where: The Muscatine Art Center
Admission to this program is FREE, pre-registration is required.
Please contact Katy Doherty, Program Coordinator, with any questions or concerns at
The Muscatine Art Center is open to the public Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from
10 AM to 5 PM, Thursday from 10 AM to 7 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 5 PM Admission is FREE.