WHAT: A special event in honor of Haitian Flag Day and celebrating the announcement of the upcoming Figge exhibition, Restoring the Spirit: Celebrating Haitian Art, and the recent Haitian Gallery reinstallation. The Figge is partnering with Kids Against Hunger Your Quad-Cities to bag life saving food which will be delivered to Haiti. The Figge is expecting over 100 people to participate in this event and to bag over 1400 meals. Keith Donohue with www.50give.com will lead the bagging efforts. Donohue will be visiting the Figge as part of his national volunteer project.
Visit the Figge website for details on the event: http://figgeart.org/Figge-Art-
WHEN: 2:00 p.m. - 4:30p.m. Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at the Figge Art Museum, 225 West Second St., Davenport, IA, 52801. There will be a brief program at 2pm with remarks by Figge staff and community members. Haitian gallery tours will be offered at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm by Sally Ruggeberg, a Figge Docent who has spent time volunteering in Haiti.
WHO: The Figge is partnering with Kids Against Hunger Your Quad-Cities and Thrivent Financial for Lutherans for this event. Guest volunteers will include :
- Keith Donohue, a philanthropist volunteering at one non-profit in each state, including the Figge while in Iowa (see www.50give.com for more information on Keith`s volunteer project);
- · Davenport Mayor Bill Gluba;
- Aldermen Jason Gordon and Bill Boom;
- Scott County Administrator Dee Bruemmer;
- Dr. Ralph Saintfort, Haitian born Quad-City doctor.