With Hispanic Heritage Month in full swing and the leadership in Fortune 500 companies still dominated by Caucasian males, the personal-finance website WalletHub conducted an in-depth analysis of 2018’s Most & Least Diverse States in America as well as accompanying videos.
To determine where the most idea and identity exchanges have occurred at the highest level in the U.S. — and where the population is relatively more homogeneous — WalletHub compared the 50 states across six key categories: socio-economic, cultural, economic, household, religious and political diversity.
Diversity in Iowa (1=Most Diverse, 25=Avg.):
- 25th – Income Diversity
- 48th – Educational-Attainment Diversity
- 45th – Racial & Ethnic Diversity
- 35th – Linguistic Diversity
- 44th – Birthplace Diversity
- 32nd – Industry Diversity*
- 32nd – Worker-Class Diversity*
- 45th – Marital-Status Diversity
- 45th – Household-Type Diversity
- 39th – Household-Size Diversity
*Includes civilian employed population aged 16 and older
For the full report, please visit: