JOHNSTON, IA (June 29, 2017) - Policy development at the Iowa Corn Growers Association is a grassroots process. Each year Iowa Corn hosts roundtable meetings in local communities across the state to gather input and feedback from growers. The meetings, which will be held on July 6, July 12 and July 13 this year, allow ICGA members to come together, share a meal, and discuss key issues impacting corn farmers. Policies brought forward and approved at Roundtable meetings go on to the Annual ICGA Grassroots Summit on August 26 for the ICGA delegates to debate. This process enables the organization to take-action in lobbying for and supporting sound policy development and pro-farmer legislation.
Roundtables are FREE for ICGA members, but registration is encouraged. Meals (lunch or dinner) will be included at each session. If you can't attend a roundtable but wish to bring forth a policy resolution for consideration, please contact your local ICGA Board member. Go to iowacorn.org/roundtables for more information. See the below listing for locations and times.
* Fairfield - Heartland Co-op Board Room 2081 Nutmeg Ave, Fairfield, IA 52556 (11:30am - 2 pm)
* Algona - Kossuth Museum 800 E Fair St, Algona, IA 50511 (11:30am - 2 pm)
* Osage- VFW 3693 US-218, Osage, IA 50461 (5:30pm - 8:30pm)
* Carroll - Santa Maria Winery 218 W 6th St., Carroll, IA 51041 (5:30pm- 8:30pm)
* Radcliffe - Radcliffe Town Hall 310 Isabella St. Radcliffe, IA 52302 (5:30pm - 8:30 pm)
* Storm Lake - Knights of Columbus Hall 1507 E Lakeshore Dr., Storm Lake, IA 50588 (11:30am - 2 pm)
* Creston - Supertel Inn 800 Laurel St., Creston, IA 50801 (5:30pm - 8:30 pm)
* Fayette - Upper Iowa University 605 Washington St, Fayette, IA 52142 (5:30pm - 8:30 pm)
* Sheldon - Northwest Iowa Community College 603 West Park St., Sheldon, IA 51201 (11:30am - 2 pm)
* Avoca- Legion Hall 112 N Elm St, Avoca, IA 51521 (5:30pm - 8:30pm)
* Iowa City- Clarion Highlander Hotel- Mirror Room 2525 N Dodge St., Iowa City, IA 52245 (5:30pm- 8:30pm)
* Indianola- Country Inn & Suites 501 E. Trail Ridge Ave., Indianola, IA 50125 (5:30pm- 8:30pm)
The Iowa Corn Growers Association (ICGA) is a 7,500-member strong grassroots-driven organization, headquartered in Johnston, Iowa, serving members across the state, and lobbying on agricultural issues on behalf of its farmer members to create opportunities for long-term Iowa corn grower profitability. For more information, visit iowacorn.org.