(DES MOINES) – Iowa was named 2017’s second best state for health care in a new study from personal finance website, WalletHub.com.
This ranking is the latest in a number of recent reports giving Iowa high marks for health care including:
· 2nd highest Medicaid patient satisfaction
· 5th best state for overall child well-being
· 7th best state for mental health care
· Outpaced nation in overall well-being at twice the national average
In order to determine where Americans receive the highest-quality services at the best prices, WalletHub analysts compared all 50 states and Washington, D.C. across 35 measures of cost, accessibility and outcome.
Some of Iowa’s scores are:
· 1st – most hospital beds per capita
· 6th – percentage of insured adults (18-64)
· 10th – percentage of insured children (0-17)
· 2nd – lowest infant mortality rate
Click here to read the full study.