JOHNSTON, IOWA (May 15, 2019) — Several special dramas, local programs, and musical performances will air on Iowa Public Television throughout June. During these specials, viewers will have opportunities to support the programming and services they enjoy all year long, and help make it possible for all Iowans to continue watching these programs. Special thank-you gifts, including tickets and exclusive items, will also be available.
- Dennis DeYoung and the Music of Styx — Saturday, June 1, 8:30PM. Taped in March 2014, this concert showcases the legendary Dennis DeYoung and his six-piece band performing all the Styx greatest hits spanning the '70s, '80s, and '90s.
- Downton Abbey Returns! — Sunday, June 9 at 7 p.m. Featuring sneak peeks from the upcoming feature film, this special is a nostalgic celebration of all aspects of the most successful British drama ever - the stellar cast, superb writing, spectacular locations and dazzling costumes.
- Endeavour Season 5 on Masterpiece: Episode Six: Icarus — Sunday, June 16, 6PM. In the season 5 finale, Endeavour goes undercover to investigate the dark world of a public school after a teacher mysteriously disappears. The premiere of Endeavour Season 6 on Masterpiece follows this program at 8PM.
- Iowa Land and Sky — Wednesday, June 5, 7PM. Leveraging the latest advancements in aerial-drone cinematography, this documentary features breathtaking bird's-eye perspectives, as well as beautiful close-ups of the state's landforms, rivers, and towns.
- Joe Bonamassa: British Blues Explosion Live — Wednesday, June 5, 8:30PM. Joe Bonamassa pays homage to British blues-rock guitarists Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, and Jimmy Page.
- Nat King Cole's Greatest Songs (My Music) — Saturday, June 1. 7PM. Celebrate the centennial of the timeless artist in this special featuring his greatest hits and cherished standards, including Mona Lisa, Unforgettable, and When I Fall in Love, along with rarely-seen footage from his variety show.
- P Buckley Moss: The Lady Behind the Brush — Saturday, June 1, 4 PM. P Buckley Moss's art and the seasons of her life are captured in this special documentary, which features archival photos and video, as well as interviews with her family and close associates.
For a complete schedule and other program information, visit Iptv.org.
For more information about Iowa Public Television, please contact Susan Ramsey at 515.725.9703 or Susan.Ramsey@iptv.org.
Iowa Public Television is Iowa's only statewide television network. IPTV's mission to educate, inform, enrich and inspire Iowans guides its quality, noncommercial programming that tells Iowa's stories like no one else can. Four statewide, public channels offer programs of lasting value to Iowans, regardless of where they live or what they can afford: IPTV (.1), IPTV KIDS (.2), IPTV WORLD (.3) and IPTV Create (.4) on Channel 11, Des Moines; Channel 12, Iowa City; Channel 21, Fort Dodge; Channel 24, Mason City; Channel 27, Sioux City; Channel 32, Waterloo; Channel 32, Council Bluffs; Channel 36, Davenport; and Channel 36, Red Oak. More information can be found at Iptv.org.