DAVENPORT, IOWA (March 18, 2019) — Please note that Public Works will not issue another flood update until Thursday, March 21 unless significant changes in river level or other travel issues require an additional update.
Monday, March 18 — 1PM
The National Weather Service has emphasized river-levels could fluctuate and are likely continue to do so in the coming weeks.
The Mississippi River ended up cresting at 17.17 FT on Sunday, March 17 and is currently at 16.75 FT.
At this time, the river is expected to drop a little further this week and hover around 16 FT for a short bit before going back on the rise later in the week.
Currently-placed flood-measures will remain in place; additional measures will be implemented as-needed based on future river-forecasts.
- River Dr is closed between Division and E 3rd St. Some riverfront locations are accessible via Western.
- S Concord between Utah and River Dr is closed.
- Beiderbecke is closed.
- Credit Island is closed.
- The Riverfront Recreational Trail between Credit Island and LeClaire Park is closed due to water over the path.
- The boat-dock at Marquette Landing has been removed.
- Access to the Compost Facility, 2707 Railroad Ave, is available via Rockingham Rd/Hwy 22 to Wapello to Railroad Ave.
- The flood-walls at Modern Woodmen Park have been installed.
- The River’s Edge, Freight House and Farmer’s Market, and Union Station are open for business.
- No events are impacted at this time.
- Pumps have been set, and appropriate gates closed in various low-lying areas of the city.
- Make a request by phone during business hours (563.326.7923) or on-line (https://yourgov.cartegraph.com/) before you come. Sandbags will need to be picked up at 232 S Marquette from the rear entrance. The entrance can be access from E or W River Dr. Find the entrance west of Division and east of Credit Island on the river side next to the red City of Davenport sign.
Staff is monitoring river levels and is prepared to respond as needed.