"At Brown Mackie College ? Quad Cities, we believe that we have a responsibility to help prepare our students for this ever-changing digital world," says Taylor Bracey, President of Brown Mackie College ? Quad Cities. "iPad will be the key digital tool in the growth and development of our students. This tool will also give our students comprehensive access to their instructors, expanded academic material and resources while enabling them to network with fellow students to enhance their educational experience."
With iPad, students will be able to:
· develop their acumen for working with technology
· access their eTextbooks and electronic resources for study and research
· carry multiple books on one device
· access the student portal to see schedules, grades, student email, student accounts and transcripts
· communicate easily with instructors and other students using email, iMessage, and FaceTime
With iPad, instructors will be able to:
· provide students with electronic handouts, presentations, and notes instead of printing or photocopying paper materials
· access specific programmatic apps that may be utilized in the classroom
· provide the students with greater flexibility in accessing their course work from anywhere
Brown Mackie College ? Quad Cities is also providing an enhanced eTextbook experience by combining eTextbooks with the popular iPad. iPad paired with eTextbooks will provide students with mobility, be more environmentally friendly, consumes no ink compared to printed textbooks, and will have social features that can't be accomplished with a traditional physical textbook. Also, there are no books to buy because all electronic resources are included with tuition.
Brown Mackie College ? Quad Cities is located at 2119 E. Kimberly Road in Bettendorf, Iowa. For additional information about the college, call 563-344-1500 or visit http://www.brownmackie.edu/
# # #
Brown Mackie College ? Quad Cities is one of over 25 school locations of the Brown Mackie College system of schools (www.brownmackie.edu), which is dedicated to providing educational programs that prepare students for entry-level positions or to enhance their current professions in a competitive, rapidly-changing workplace. See bmcprograms.info for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, federal salary data, alumni success, and other important info.