SPRINGFIELD, IL (04/29/2014)(readMedia)
• The Illinois National Guard and families of fallen servicemembers.
• A wreath laying ceremony honoring the Illinois National Guard Soldiers and Airman killed during Operations Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
• The memorial ceremony is open to the public. Following the ceremony, there will be a private event for the families of the fallen heroes.
• May 3 at 9 a.m.
• Illinois State Military Museum at Camp Lincoln, 1301 N. MacArthur Blvd. in Springfield.
• A total of 33 Illinois Army National Guard Soldiers and one Illinois Air National Guard Airman are among the 252 Illinois servicemembers killed since Sept. 11.
• Of the 34 casualties, 18 Soldiers were killed during the historic deployment of the 33rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team (IBCT). The 33rd IBCT was mobilized from June 2008 to October 2009 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.