MOLINE, ILLINOIS – The Black Box Theatre located at 1623 5th Avenue, Moline, Illinois is holding auditions for their inaugural 2017 season on Saturday, Dec 17th from 1-3 at the theatre. Those planning on auditioning should prepare 16-32 bars of music and bring sheet music and perform a monologue no longer than 1 minute. “The goal of the audition is to begin the casting process for early shows but more importantly start a database of actors that are interested in working with the Black Box Theatre,” said producer David Miller. You must audition to be considered for any of the shows. All roles are open and ethnic diversity is encouraged.
Those unable to attend may submit a video audition but will be required to attend call backs. The season tentatively includes the following plays and musicals:
- Murderers by Jeffrey Hatcher (January/February)
- Forever Plaid by Stuart Ross (March/April)
- The Tin Woman by Sean Grennan (April/May)
- In the Next Room, or the vibrator play (Pulitzer Prize finalist, Tony Award nominee for best new play) by Sarah Ruhl (May/June)
- I Love You Because (June/July) by Cunningham and Salzman
- Rock of Ages (August/September) by Chris D'Arienzo
- Veronica’s Room by Ira Levin (October)
- It’s A Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play (November/December)
Directors and designers for the season are invited to submit for each play.
Auditions will take place at the theatre on Saturday, December 17 from 1 pm to 3 pm. Call backs and additional auditions will be announced in January.