JOHNSTON, Iowa - (January 16, 2017) - The Iowa Corn Growers Association (ICGA) and the Iowa Corn Promotion Board (ICPB) are again offering the Iowa Corn Future of Agriculture scholarships to aid in the development of future talent for the Iowa agriculture industry. This year, Iowa Corn will award sixteen (16) $500 one-year scholarships to deserving, qualified students enrolled at an accredited U.S. 2-year or 4-year junior college, college or university, or graduate school, in a program of study that will equip them in contributing to Iowa's agriculture industry.
"A factor in the future success of Iowa corn growers and Iowa agriculture is the ability of Iowa Corn to offer support, relevant programming, advocacy, and services to those new stakeholders entering Iowa's agricultural sector," said Larry Buss, an ICPB director and farmer from Logan who chairs the Iowa Corn Grassroots Network, Membership & Checkoff (GNMC) Committee. "This scholarship program is an important initiative to develop and encourage the future leaders of the agriculture industry in Iowa."
Apply now for an Iowa Corn Future of Agriculture Scholarship
* Eight (8) $500 "First-year Scholarships" are reserved for high school seniors entering their first year of college, one from each Iowa Corn District Field Manager territory.
* Eight (8) $500 "Upperclassmen Scholarships" are reserved for students entering their second, third, or fourth year of college, or who are enrolled in a graduate program -one from each Iowa Corn District Field Manager territory.
* Scholarships are for one year, and previous winners may reapply.
* Scholarships may be used to offset tuition, school supplies, or student housing.
* Funds will be issued on behalf of each student to his or her college financial aid department in August 2017, but entering freshman must successfully complete the first college term and those funds will be applied to second term expenses.
* Scholarships are awarded for the 2017-2018 school year.
Click here or go to www.iowacorn.org to download an application. All materials must be completed and postmarked by Friday, February 03, 2017. Questions can be directed to Don Mason, Iowa Corn Director of Grower Services at (515) 225-9242 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Iowa Corn Promotion Board (ICPB), works to develop and defend markets, fund research, and provide education about corn and corn products. The Iowa Corn Growers Association (ICGA) is an 7,500-member strong grassroots-driven organization, headquartered in Johnston, Iowa, serving members across the state, and lobbying on agricultural issues on behalf of its farmer members to create opportunities for long-term Iowa corn grower profitability. For more information, visit iowacorn.org.