DAVENPORT, IOWA (May 26, 2022) — The American Red Cross is excited to be back in-person for A Taste on the River! This year’s event will take place Thursday, June 16, 6PM, at Bend XPO in East Moline. Tickets are $50 each and can be purchased online.
Join us for a night of friends, food from local chefs, live music from The Yoyos and entertainment with a purpose. This is the 25th year of this beloved community event that brings people together in support of the Red Cross.
“A Taste on the River is a wonderful night of people coming together for an important cause,” said Trish Burnett, executive director of the Red Cross Quad Cities and West Central Illinois chapter. “We cannot wait to see everyone and enjoy some delicious food and music together, in support of the lifesaving mission of the Red Cross.”
This event provides vital support for the Red Cross mission, while providing guests with an opportunity to enjoy culinary delights and participate in an auction of unique items donated by local organizations.
Auction items you will not want to miss:
- Golf the Quad Cities:
- This is the ultimate Quad Cities golf package! Work on your short and long games with rounds of golf at premier golf courses in the area. See you on the links!
- Wine O’clock:
- Are you a wine lover? This package was made for you! Includes bottles of exceptional wine and the accessories to properly decant and enjoy. Cheers to you!
- A Weekend in Chicago:
- Enjoy a weekend away in a two-bedroom condo in downtown Chicago (parking included) before hitting Wrigley Field for a Cubs game. This package is a home run!
- Private Dinner by Cook and Cuffs by Chef Keys:
- Enjoy a private dining experience with Chef Keys in her historic home. You’ll be treated to a three-course meal with wine included. Don’t miss this exclusive opportunity!
- Bourbon Basket:
- The bourbon lover in your life will love this package! This package has everything you need to create an incredible bourbon cocktail, including a muddler and bitters.
Thank you to our generous sponsors for making this event possible. Presenting Sponsors: McLaughlin Motors and SENB Bank. Platinum Sponsor: Modern Woodmen of America.
About the American Red Cross of Illinois
The American Red Cross of Illinois serves 12.4 million people in 88 counties in Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri, including Adams, Bond, Boone, Brown, Bureau, Carroll, Cass, Champaign, Christian, Clark, Clay, Clinton, Cook, Coles, Crawford, Cumberland, DeKalb, De Witt, Douglas, DuPage, Edgar, Effingham, Fayette, Ford, Franklin, Fulton, Green, Grundy, Hamilton, Hancock, Henderson, Henry, Iroquois, Jasper, Jefferson, Kane, Kankakee, Kendall, Knox, LaSalle, Lake, Lee, Livingston, Logan, Macon, Macoupin, Marion, Marshall, Mason, McDonough, McHenry, McLean, Menard, Mercer, Montgomery, Morgan, Moultrie, Ogle, Peoria, Perry, Piatt, Pike, Putnam, Richland, Rock Island, Sangamon, Schuyler, Scott, Shelby, Stark, Stephenson, Tazewell, Vermillion, Warren, Washington, Whiteside, Will, Williamson Winnebago, and Woodford. Iowa: Lee, Muscatine, Scott, and Van Buren. Missouri: Clark, Lewis, Marion, and Ralls.
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds, and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about forty percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families.
The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit us at Redcross.org/Illinois or visit us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @RedCrossIL.