A prime example of the Prairie School style of architecture made famous by Frank Llyod Wright, the Moline Commercial Club ©1912 is the only building built for the public in this style in our region. The famous area architect, H.W. Whitsett, designed it for 6 stories. 3 stories were built in 1912.
The building had been built to house the commercial club started by Charles Deere, son of John Deere, in 1895.